At SERVPRO, our priority is returning damaged property and items to preloss condition.
Whether natural or man-made, a disaster at one of your client's facilities needs to be handled by experienced professionals who understand the importance of your tenants' safety. At SERVPRO of Blackwood / Gloucester Township, our teams are experienced in helping manage both commercial and multi-family properties during the recovery process while maintaining the security and safety of the facility and tenants. Our professionals work hard and fast to minimize the interruption for your tenant's daily operations. SERVPRO is a reliable resource when an emergency occurs at your properties. SERVPRO responds fast and works with the property owner/property manager to get tenants back to their lives.
Call SERVPRO of Blackwood / Gloucester Township at 856-227-7800 for more information.
Bleach Does Not Kill Mold
Local Gloucester Township home with Mold
A well-known expert when interviewed on a New Orleans radio station, recently said, “When you have a mold problem, simply wash down the affected area with diluted bleach.” We have seen FEMA handing out gallons of Clorox to flood-victims. Lowe’s and Home Depot stock up pallets of the stuff whenever the impending doom of a threatening hurricane is close. This is one of the most widely publicized “urban legends”. Bleach is a powerful oxidizer and can, in many instances, sanitize surfaces of certain types of bacteria but when you are faced with a wall or beams etc. covered in mold, Bleach is NOT the product to use. Contact the professionals at SERVPRO of Blackwood / Gloucester Township.
Eyebrows raise in disbelief every time I say the phrase “bleach doesn’t kill mold.” Some look at me as if I’m speaking another language and they are right. I am speaking the TRUTH. Bleach (active ingredient is Sodium Hypochlorite) is very effective in removing the discoloration but may leave the microflora that will enable the mold to return in exactly the same spot when conditions are right. So, “how do you know this,” I’m asked. Basically, the bleach is providing food for the mold to grow.
This is a reason for the same spot of mold on the bathroom tile month after month. The mold has never been killed – it simply goes clear and then returns. Bleach will not kill the mold but a good biocide, or anti-microbial will.
In our Sanitization Protocol we recommend using GREEN technologies to remove surface mold. When you use the right kind of anti-microbial, the mold will be destroyed and the underlying bio-slime will be annihilated.
SERVPRO of Blackwood / Gloucester Township provides free estimates for mold remediation. We can recommend an Industrial Hygienist if needed for testing and protocol. We don't recommend using the same company for testing AND remediation as this presents a coflict of interest.
Contact SERVPRO of Blackwood / Gloucester Township at 856-227-7800
After a Hurricane
Flooding after recent Hurricane Irma in Miami
With Hurricane Season upon us, here are a few tips to help keep you safe should you be affected by a storm.
- Let friends and family know you’re safe - Register yourself as safe on the Safe and Well website
- If evacuated, return only when authorities say it is safe to do so.
- Continue listening to local news or a NOAA Weather Radio for updated information and instructions.
- Stay alert for extended rainfall and subsequent flooding.
Caring For Yourself & Loved Ones
- Pay attention to how you and your loved ones are experiencing and handling stress. Promote emotional recovery by following these tips.
- Do not use water that could be contaminated to wash dishes, brush teeth, prepare food, wash hands, make ice or make baby formula.
- Watch animals closely and keep them under your direct control.
- Help people who require extra assistance —infants, elderly people, those without transportation, large families who may need additional help in an emergency situation, people with disabilities, and the people who care for them.
Returning Home Safely
- Stay out of any building that has water around it.
- Keep away from loose or dangling power lines. Report them immediately to the power company.
- Follow these tips for inspecting your properties structure and utilities after a hurricane.
- Take pictures of home damage, both of the buildings and its contents, for insurance purposes.
Cleaning and Repairing Your Home
- Wear protective clothing, including rubber gloves and rubber boots, and be cautious when cleaning up.
- Learn more about how to clean up after a hurricane, including the supplies you’ll need, how to deal with contaminated food and water, and how to repair water damage.
- Don’t just repair your home, build in hurricane-resistant features to help protect against future storms:
- Secure double entry doors at the top and bottom.
- Strengthen garage doors to improve wind resistance, particularly double-wide garage doors.
- Select trees that are not as subject to uprooting to replace any damaged ones. A gardening or landscaping professional can give you excellent advice.
- If your home has been significantly damaged and will require rebuilding parts or all of it, consider building a safe room.
Ask a Professional to
- Ensure roof sheathing is properly installed.
- Ensure end gables are securely fastened to the rest of the roof.
- Fasten the roof to the walls with hurricane straps.
- Elevate your home if it’s near the coast and subject to flooding from storm surge.
Clementon 24 Hour Emergency Water Damage Service
We provides 24 hour fire and water damage restoration service in Gloucester Township NJ
SERVPRO of Blackwood / Gloucester Township is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help.
Call Today - (856) 227-7800
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Blackwood / Gloucester Township has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of Blackwood / Gloucester Township
SERVPRO of Blackwood / Gloucester Township specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Meet Our Team - Click Here
- WRT - Water Damage Restoration Technician
- ASD - Applied Structural Drying Technician
- SRT - Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration Technician
- OCT - Odor Control Technician
- CCT - Carpet Cleaning Technician
- RRRP - Lead-Based Paint Activities and Renovation
- IICRC Certified Firm
- ECTP - Employee Certification Training Program
Extreme Heat- How it can Affect you
We all know New Jersey summers can bring extreme heat! Extreme heat is caused by higher than normal temperature and humidity. Children, ages infant to four are at higher risk for heat related illnesses and need extra fluids compared to adults. Symptoms of heat related illness include faintness, exhaustion, nausea, muscle spasms, and fever. In the United States more than 600 people die every year due to extreme heat. During these heat waves it’s better to stay inside and stay cool if possible. Air conditioning is the highest protective measure against extreme heat illnesses. HYDRATION is also extremely important! Drink plenty of water and if you’re in prolonged heat it’s good to utilize sports drinks to replenish your body with electrolytes. If you must be outdoors you should also avoid strenuous activities, wear lightweight light colored clothing, and take breaks in the shade or a cool environment
Minimizing the Impact of Commercial Water Damage
Don't let a small leak turn into a large problem
Reducing The Impact of Water Damage in Your Commercial Property
One of the most disruptive things that can happen to a business is to experience a sudden water emergency. Whether it's a severe storm, burst pipes, or a malfunctioning sprinkler system, the longer your building is out of commission, the more your bottom line will suffer.
No matter how it happens, water damage can wreak havoc on a business. Entrepreneurs dealing with the effects of commercial water damage in Gloucester Township are often overwhelmed, but quickly taking steps to minimize the impact is essential. Here are things you can do if your business is affected by commercial water damage.
1. Safeguard your important documents and records. Whether it's stored electronically or in print, if you can access your business's records get it to a safe place. Our team has experience restoring and recovering documents, and it may be possible to salvage materials that you think are a lost cause if we're called to the scene quickly.
2. Alert employees and customers who come into the building. The last thing that you want after facing commercial water damage is for a client or worker to get hurt as a result. If the building is unsafe, it may be best to temporarily close as opposed to being liable for an accident. SERVPRO technicians can get your business ready to open again, and we'll make sure the premises are safe.
3. Prevent future mold problems. Mold infestations are common after commercial water damage has occurred, especially if the water is not cleaned up immediately or all of the excess moisture doesn't get removed from the building. We're experts at repairing water damage and employing strategies to prevent the development of mold and mildew.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
Here at SERVPRO of Blackwood / Gloucester Township, we understand how important it is to get your business up and running again after a water emergency. For a quote or to get more information about our commercial water damage repair services, call us 24/7 at (856) 227-7800.
Commercial Water Extraction for Blackwood Bussinesses
Commercial Water Damage presents many challenges
Blackwood Damage Is Often Caused by Water, Call SERVPRO
Once water damage has struck your business, the first action is to remove it immediately. Standing water can permanently destroy carpets, floors, and walls if not dealt with quickly. In many situations, though, that is not enough.
Water extraction, especially in commercial structures is a needed procedure for many Blackwood businesses. It is this process that removes water from carpets to keep bubbles from forming underneath, stop glue from dissolving and prevent mold from expanding and growing. SERVPRO has the equipment and experience to stop all of this and more.
For print shops and other businesses that deal in paper products, this process is also necessary to reduce the overall levels of moisture in the air. Although paper quickly falls apart when exposed to water, reducing the humidity inside the structure saves items that are not otherwise damaged.
To do this, our technicians use air movers, dehumidifiers, exhaust fans and specially designed heaters. The dehumidifiers extract water directly from the surrounding atmosphere, which prevents it from damaging finished product and stock items. Air movers and exhaust fans draw air from a single location and circulate it throughout the facility and eventually to the outside. Circulation helps the dehumidifiers perform more efficiently as moisture is removed with the air away from paper stocks as well as the floors and walls of the structure.
The commercial grade heaters can be set to safely raise the temperature in a variety of spaces from a small stockroom to a large showroom or customer service area. Besides the reduction in physical damage to stocks and finished products, this combination of equipment to lower the moisture levels also stops mold growth.
As these machines are set up, other team members work with the business owners to examine which damaged property needs removal. Everything that has been underwater typically must be thrown out. Water is absorbed quickly, and even a stack of paper and other product can be useless in a matter of hours once covered with water.
Pulling standing water out of a structure takes care of many issues when it comes to restoration. It does not stop all problems, though, and further actions are needed. SERVPRO of Blackwood / Gloucester Township has the experience and equipment to completely remove and dry your business to reopen for your customers. Call us today at (856) 227-7800 to get started.
Cleaning up sewage after a ruptured sewer line or septic tank is much more important than just getting rid of a bad smell.
A sewer spill is one of the most unforgettable events to happen to a homeowner or renter. Depending on the amount and source (septic tanks usually being worse), the smell can not only drive a person from their home but empty out an entire neighborhood if the spill is outside the home.
Cleaning up sewage after a ruptured sewer line or septic tank is much more important than just getting rid of a bad smell. Even when there is only contaminated or ‘gray’ water, the health threat to your family makes your home unlivable because of the bacteria and fungi that reside in every sewer line. SERVPRO has the knowledge and experience needed to remove this threat.
First, we identify the source of the contamination. If it is a backed-up or ruptured sewer line pushing waste back into your home, our technicians cap it to prevent further contamination. In the case of a cracked septic tank, our personnel can seal it off within a few hours. As this happens, other team members begin removing contaminated water and waste. We have a series of pumps designed for use in a home that draws out standing water in a few hours. Even a large home can be pumped out in less than a day.
Disinfecting your home is now the priority. Any spill involving human waste is a biohazard. This type of contamination cannot be washed away with a bucket of warm water and bleach. Carpets contaminated with ‘black’ water must be removed and thrown out. It is simply not safe to try to clean and dry them for continued use in your home. Furniture can be cleaned and returned to the home. We use a variety of disinfectant sprays to kill any bacteria on wood, metal, or glass. It might be necessary to remove the veneer from wood furniture to ensure removal of all the bacteria.
An outside spill is simpler to clean-up but can be very labor intensive. Contaminated soil cannot safely remain in the ground. We use backhoes and other earth moving equipment to remove the dirt and haul it away to break down the contamination. Once the soil tests are clean, we return it to your home and fill in the excavation.
Cleaning up after a sewer spill is an event no one soon forgets. While the cost is usually less than in other disasters, failing to do it correctly means a continuing health threat and further damage that can render your home unlivable. SERVPRO of Blackwood / Gloucester Township is here to help you stop that from happening. Call us today at 856-227-7800.
The Importance of Dryer Vent Cleaning
The aftermath of a dryer improperly serviced.
Should you find your dryer has lost efficiency or does not dry well, it could be the vent has become clogged. Not only will your dryer not work as well, but a clogged dryer vent is the number. 1 cause of house fires.
Periodically Clean the Dryer Vent and Exhaust Duct
- Check the outside dryer vent while the dryer is operating to make sure exhaust air is escaping. You should feel a strong discharge of moist warm air.
- If you do not feel a strong discharge of air, the vent or the exhaust duct may be blocked.
- It may be necessary to disconnect the exhaust duct from the dryer to remove a blockage in the exhaust path.
- Disconnect the ducting and inspect for blockage.
- Remember to properly reconnect the ducting to the dryer and outside vent before using the dryer again.
Call us today at 856-227-7800 to schedule your free estimate.
5 Things NOT to store in your garage
Take back your garage
With the onset of Spring in the Delaware Valley, most of us try to accomplish new goals, get a new fresh start. Getting healthy, organizing our homes, bettering our lives' always seem to be at the top of the list. One space to start cleaning and organizing is the garage! That extra storage area that easily becomes a catchall for excess items. We have compiled a list of items that should not be stored in your garage. Get them out and reclaim your space.
- Paint- Because the garage is prone to extreme temperature changes, paint should not be stored in the garage. Recycle paint according to your county guidelines or donate it.
- Electronics- If you are putting electronics out in the garage, you must not be using them. Donate these items because they can’t withstand the temperature fluctuations and will easily break.
- Propane and Hazardous Chemicals- Proper ventilation is key for storage of propane and hazardous chemicals. For safety reasons, these items need to be stored outside.
- Food- Keeping food in the garage is an open invitation to rodents and insects. Although shopping in bulk can save money, storing extra food in the garage will cause problems. The moisture and humidity will spoil the food. Find room in the house for food storage.
- Cardboard boxes- Insects, mice and other rodents love cardboard. Invest in waterproof plastic bins to store your items.
Hope these tips help you gain back your garage. Happy Cleaning from SERVPRO of Blackwood / Gloucester Township!