Don’t Use Bleach to Kill Mold!
Using chlorine bleach to kill mold is probably one of the worst things you can do.
As a matter of fact, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), stopped recommending the use of bleach for dealing with mold problems. And, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) updated their guide as well, removing the suggestion to use bleach to kill mold.
The problem is, it’s true that bleach can kill some mold in some places some of the time. But, bleach only works to remove mold on hard, impermeable surfaces like bathtub and shower surrounds or tiles. However, on porous surfaces like drywall or hardwood floors, it won’t work to kill mold or keep it from coming back.
Mold spreads its roots deep into porous surfaces.
Simply spraying a bleach solution on the surface won’t kill mold spores at their roots.
Here are some reasons Why you should NOT to Use Bleach to Kill Mold
• Bleach encourages toxic mold growth on porous surfaces because it provides excess moisture.
• Bleach only removes the color from mold.
• Chlorine bleach is extremely harmful to surfaces.
• Bleach is extremely corrosive.
You don’t want to use bleach to kill mold because there are many antimicrobial alternatives readily available. The Professionals at SERVPRO of Blackwood/Gloucester Twp. have the knowledge and equipment to safely remove mold from your home or business. We care about the proper restoration of your structure.
If you think you have a mold problem, call SERVPRO of Blackwood/Gloucester Twp. to protect your health and property. (856)227-7800.